UKC

Old vs New Scarpa Charmoz

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Scarpa are replacing my Charmoz, but they only have the new OD version which I'm told has a new narrower last. I will be trying to find some in a shop to try on but has anyone has the chance to compare? I have wider feet so I've got a bad feeling, the old Charmoz weren't exactly chasms in the toebox...
 Dell 06 Sep 2017
In reply to purplemonkeyelephant:

I've got a pair of the previous model in a size 45 you can have a look at.

I only recently worked out who you are in real life
In reply to Dell:

:o

I've been rumbled!
 Dell 07 Sep 2017

Having re-read your initial post, I now realise that my offer provides you with no insight at all.
So you already have the old Charmoz but are getting a warranty replacement? Leaky? Flappy? Splitty?
 andyd1970 08 Sep 2017

Hi
Not sure if this helps but I had the original charmoz which I bought about 8 years ago and they gave in
So I went on line and bought the charmoz pro last year in the sale in the same size but found them too big
I never returned them and just went with a thicker sock
I think the model your talking about is the latest and mine were the previous model but it does show they vary
A friend in my club had the same issue and we both suffered from a small manageable blister on our little toe ????

I haven't tried the old ones, but I did try the new version earlier this year, having worn Scarpa boots for decades.

Whilst the claimed 'slipper-like fit' was evident, it was a very narrow, little-toe-pinching slipper. They went back on the shelf pretty quickly.

Shame. Scarpa used to have a British last. They obviously don't think that's worth doing any more. May as well pull out of the market...
 c357 08 Sep 2017

I had the old blue ones from years ago, and replaced them for this summer with the new orange ones. Size is identical to me, and just as comfy.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...