/ Wanted: Baby Carriers

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Flood - on 10 Sep 2017 - user since 10/Sep/13
Looking to buy a baby carrier to allow me to take my son hill walking. If none are available I would be happy to take recommendations for people wo have used them.
dollydog - on 10 Sep 2017
In reply to Flood:

outdoor gear exchange at facebook had a few in the last few days.youll need to join to see the adverts.
bouldery bits - on 10 Sep 2017
In reply to Flood:

Macpac are the one mate.
Flood - on 11 Sep 2017
In reply to bouldery bits:
What age did you guys take your kids out? The wee man is 6 months, thinking he's not far off it.
stubbed on 11 Sep 2017
In reply to Flood:

I've got a Little life carrier for my son (used from 6 months, once they can sit upright on their own). Has rain carrier and have been really happy with it. We bought it in a sale from Little Trekkers for about £90. You have to be careful about temperature and warmth if you are going up high. We didn't go up high until he was around 2, as we had a younger baby, but up to that point you can't always go a long way because you need to stop to let them run about / eat or whatever.

However for my daughter I used a fabric sling until she was about 2. Much more comfortable for both of us and she could benefit from my body heat & stay under my clothing. Try a Connecta carrier, can be used on your front or back (from a certain age, although I always found on the front more comfortable). I think I bought mine for £50. She would sleep in it happily for 2 or 3 hours.

Once they were about 3, we didn't use carriers as they would not stay still for long enough. We moved to balance bikes / scooters / bike seats.
norrisdan71 on 11 Sep 2017
In reply to Flood: do you want to buy my s/h macpac? Its care worn but fully functional & they are solid carriers. I've got all the bits (little backpack, head rest, rain guard). My little darlings are on to bikes now but I comfortably carried them until 4-5 years old. Brilliant harness, well padded and adjustable. £50 inc postage?
Norrisdan71@gmail.com if you're interested.

chris fox on 12 Sep 2017
In reply to Flood:

I've a Macpac Possum with neck pillow, sunshade and rain cover. PM me with your email and i will send you pics and a price

chris

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.