UKC

Need a new torch

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 12 Sep 2017
My frogman torch is playing up and struggling to turn on. I've had it for 7 years and the switch is now temperamental so its time to buy a new torch.

Anybody got a recommendation for a new hand held LED torch that can be used to light up a whole room by bouncing the beam off the ceiling or for searching up to a distance of 100m or better?

There are loads of cree torches out there and I've been stung once or twice from torches on ebay which sounded good on paper but had annoying features. One torch cycled through the various settings every time you turned it on. This meant that you had to turn it on and off repeatedly, every time just to get the setting you wanted. Very frustrating especially when I needed light in a hurry.

Waterproof or weatherproof would be an advantage.

Cheers muchly
 tony 12 Sep 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

Have a look at the LEDLenser range. I have one of their headtorches and it's excellent. I'm sure the handheld torches will be just as good.
https://www.ledlenser.com/en/products/flashlights/
OP The Lemming 12 Sep 2017
In reply to tony:
It just so happens that I am looking at one of their branded torches on amazon at the moment.

I shall go for one of those.

cheers.

Just realised that my frogman torch is made by the same company.

I'm sold.

Post edited at 13:58
 Toerag 12 Sep 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

+1 for LEDlenser. Their old H7 headtorches had issues with the wire, but newer ones have a modified design. I've recently bought one of these to replace a lost H7...
http://www.ledlenser-store.co.uk/head-torches-c71/seo-3-led-head-torch-gree...
...because the shop didn't have any H7s and am pleased with it - so much brighter than my old Zipka.
 grump gnome 12 Sep 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

Fenix are also worth a look. I use both Fenix and LEDLenser. Both atre great.
 tjin 12 Sep 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

Why a handheld and not headtorch? The new ones have wide and focused beams and have a few hunderd lumens. Mine Black Diamond spot is like 300 lumens in highmode.
OP The Lemming 12 Sep 2017
In reply to tjin:

> Why a handheld and not headtorch?

Because the customer wants what the customer wants.

Pbob 12 Sep 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

Aldi do a very decent led torch for not much money.
 duchessofmalfi 12 Sep 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

Try these:

www.candb-seen.co.uk/category-flashlights--headlamp.html

I have a bike light that is super bright and lasted well

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...