UKC

NEWS: Markus Pucher - First Winter Solo of Aguja Guillaumet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 13 Sep 2017
Austrian alpinist Markus Pucher has made the first winter solo ascent of Aguja Guillaumet (2579m) in Patagonia via the Amy-Vidailhet Couloir. Markus has returned to the Patagonian mountains with theĀ aim of completing unfinished business from 2016: to make the first winter solo of Cerro Torre.

Read more
In reply to UKC News:

While it's an amazing achievment is it really solo if he's got a film crew with him? Or is it solo as in no ropes? I'm not too up on the alpinist terminology. If it is the former, why don't the film crew get mentioned by name? Or did they get a helicopter to the top to wait for him?

Either way that picture shows a beautiful landscape and an elated climber so I guess my questions above are moot.
 Harald 15 Sep 2017
In reply to Boris\'s Johnson:

Please reed again - the answer to your questions is in the article. He went solo from Paso Guillaumet and took the pictures himself. "Hans was filming me as I faded away into the distance. I said to him, "Look, if it's not OK, I'll come back, if it's OK, I will also come back, just a little later!" And then I was alone. "

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...