UKC

Which Munro on Skye

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
brownie664 16 Sep 2017
Many years ago I did the In Pin and one other Munro on a beautiful sunny day on Skye.

Trying to tally the Munros I've done and I don't have a note of the other one I did that day. It can only be Mhic Choinnich or Bannachdich. Looking at a map I think its the former but not 100% sure.

I recall it being a fairly straightforward scramble along the ridge between the two Munros - no ropework required. Does that rule out one or the other?
 Mal Grey 16 Sep 2017
In reply to brownie664:

Doesn't really rule out either, competent scramblers wouldn't rope up for the easiest route, really just depends if you went left or right on the ridge from the In Pinn.

Banachdaich is mostly a modest scramble, with a few small tops before the summit.

Mhic Choinnich is notably narrower, and a bit harder, in my memory (only descended on that side having approached via King's Chimney), but perhaps more memorable would have been the loose scramble down the slabby/scree terrain towards the bealach below An Stac, which can feel rather insecure.

I would also suggest In Pinn/Sgurr Dearg and Sgurr na Banachdaich make a more obvious round. Certainly, that's the way we did it the first time we visited.

brownie664 16 Sep 2017
In reply to Mal Grey:

Thanks! Looks like I'll need to do Mhic Choinnich & Bannachdich again.

I cant remember turning L or R at the In Pin or even whether i was the 1st or 2nd Munro.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...