UKC

Climbing shoes for Yosemite

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 climb the peak 17 Sep 2017
Hi everyone,

Heading to Yosemite soon and I'm looking at getting a new pair of shoes for the occasion. I currently have the 5:10 Anazazi and the Scarpa Veloce V. The 5:10s are quite tight and currently my "performance" shoe. The Scarpas are a bit bigger and more or less comfortable for long trad routes, although I feel they're not really designed for this and wear through quite quickly.

I'm looking at getting the La Sportiva TC Pro but think I could only justify the price tag if they were to last a very long time. I was thinking perhaps it would be better to just get a comfy cheap shoe instead.

Does anyone have any experience with the La Sportiva TC Pro and know if they last longer than your typical comfy cheap shoe?

Thanks for the help!
 seankenny 17 Sep 2017
In reply to climb the peak:

> I'm looking at getting the La Sportiva TC Pro but think I could only justify the price tag if they were to last a very long time. I was thinking perhaps it would be better to just get a comfy cheap shoe instead.

Going to Yosemite is expensive and not something you'll do that often in your life (probably). So why stint on shoes which will make the climbing more comfortable and enjoyable? You might save £50 but at what cost?

HeMa 17 Sep 2017

TC pro wears Ok and can be easily resoled. That said, If the anasazi fits then get one sized for comfort (from USA).
 1poundSOCKS 17 Sep 2017

> Does anyone have any experience with the La Sportiva TC Pro and know if they last longer than your typical comfy cheap shoe?

Not sure about longevity, but the high boot will be great protection for your ankles. I lost a lot of skin when my foot slipped in an offwidth.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...