UKC

Penalty Charge Notice with wrong registration update

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Baron Weasel 19 Sep 2017
So I appealed the ticket pointing out that I had been issued a ticket for somebody else's vehicle and that there was a clear discrepancy between the pictures of my vehicle on the PCN file and the registration on the ticket and that the PCN was therefore not valid...

Here's the response:

I am pleased to tell you that we have accepted your representations and cancelled the Penalty Charge Notice and that you should hear no more about this matter. I am sorry for any inconvenience caused by the issuing of this notice.

Result!

wilkie14c 19 Sep 2017
In reply to Baron Weasel:

nice one
 Big Ger 20 Sep 2017

Bravo, did you take advice from any of the forums listed when formulating your appeal?
 krikoman 20 Sep 2017

Fight the power!!

youtube.com/watch?v=8PaoLy7PHwk&
OP Baron Weasel 20 Sep 2017
In reply to Big Ger:

I was considering paying, but I couldn't get hold of anyone on the phone as it just directed me to the local council website. When I logged on to the website it wanted the PCN number and the other vehicles registration which took me to some pictures of my vehicle clearly showing my registration. So yeah, I put my debit card away and decided to appeal as it was clear they had issued a ticket for someone else's parking violation and it would be clear for them to see that too. I don't think I directly took anyone's advice, but I did take it on board as food for thought.

Cheers UKC!
OP Baron Weasel 20 Sep 2017
In reply to Big Ger:

The bit that I really like is that they apologised!
 Blue Straggler 20 Sep 2017

> The bit that I really like is that they apologised!

Indeed! Usually it's a passive-aggressive comment that still paints you as the guilty party.
I still remember, 18 years later (as it was a proud victory against an inner London council that was VERY notorious for nefarious parking fine practices) when I got a solid appeal upheld, the cancellation letter I received stated that they were "letting me off" as it was "my first offence"! Initially I was fuming and was going to pursue it further as they were so rude, but I decided that I had the result I wanted and I should spend no more energy on it.

Big Ger 23 Sep 2017

> The bit that I really like is that they apologised!

That's a result in itself.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...