UKC

Craig y Longridge guides (top of lines)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pete_Mosely 24 Sep 2017
The guides for ending for the Craig y Longridge bouldering lines are dissimilar between the BMC Lancs Rock and Robin's Lancs Bouldering, whereby the arrows/lines end in different places (lower spots for BMC, most lines to top of upper wall in Robin's).

Just wondering if there's an official word on it, as planning to go back, and grades would be different depending on end point. Pretty sure common sense might prevail in most cases, e.g. Naked Lunch f4+ most likely ends before the blankish head-wall (as defined in BMC). But Timothy's Route is described as a top-out in one, but ends 3/4 up with no description in the other (though UKC discriminates between a f5 and a 6a for the variations).
In reply to Pete_Mosely:

Have a look at this

http://craigylongridge.wikifoundry.com/
 robin mueller 25 Sep 2017
In reply to Pete_Mosely:

As far as I can tell, the ending position of the arrows in the BMC guide is pretty arbitrary. It doesn't indicate the top of the problem. The arrow symbol seems to suggest that you should continue upwards...

If you look elsewhere in the BMC guide, you'll see that bouldering venues like brownstones have arrows finishing at all sorts of different heights, even though all problems there top out.

For the easier Longridge problems, they do mostly go to the top, though whether you think the final metre is worthwhile is up to you. Where I've drawn a line to the top, it's because that's where I thought the problem went. There are other problems at Longridge which I've shown as finishing at obvious breaks (and where it's most likely the FA went all the way up, but this is no longer normal).
OP Pete_Mosely 25 Sep 2017
In reply to bentley's biceps:

Thanks for the link but the links upon the page itself are all dead.

In reply to robin mueller:

That's that cleared up then! Thanks Robin (and great guidebook btw).
 kipper12 26 Sep 2017
In reply to Pete_Mosely:

The numbers are at the bottom of a few of the problems, and I tend just to start at the bottom and go upwards, I know this is not really terribly helpful, but I tend not to pay so much attention to the exact finish.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...