UKC

Tanaya Masai Shoes - Odd sole design (flaw?)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 routrax 26 Sep 2017
Hi,

I've just received a pair of these, ordered online and they come with the vibram and xs grip logo branded into the sole. Not too much of an issue in the center section of the shoe, but this pair has the branding right on the toe of one and inside edge of the other.

I've been told I can return them, at my expense, but distributor said this is 'part of the design' and not a flaw.

I don't feel that these critical areas should come with rubber missing from new. It must affect performance having less rubber and also with the surface being broken they are probably like to loose other chunks of rubber in this area.

Am I being too picky?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9oLOpP8Jbk1Rfw4N2
https://photos.app.goo.gl/S41xhG6j6ioMjrGC2

Cheers
Steve
 phil456 26 Sep 2017
In reply to routrax:

Is it possible that Vibram supply the rubber in sheets with occasional stamp marking to identify each type of rubber and the shoe manufacturer didn’t worry where the logo was going to end up .
Picky ? They are reasonably pricey, it up to you if your happy or not.
If there are a great fit I would keep them, if less than great fitting I would feel justified in returning them.
OP routrax 26 Sep 2017
In reply to phil456:
Yes, I pretty sure it's supplied like that, but to have areas where mud and dirt can collect on the toe and inside edge doesn't inspire confidence. I'm often wiping my shoes mid pitch due to having to stand on dirty/grassy/wet holds.
Even the guy I emailed at the shop said he wouldn't be happy with them, but the distributor won't deem them faulty.
I didn't even try them on as I knew I wouldn't trust them.
Anyway, they've been sent back, and at my time and expense. Shame, as they looked like decently made shoes.
I'll continue with pinks and a slightly baggy heel.
Post edited at 22:06
 kyaizawa 29 Sep 2017
In reply to routrax:

Maybe if they fit well, try handpick a pair in a store that doesn't have the stamping on the edge?? Judging by my two pairs of Oasi's and my gf's Inti's, it's pot luck where the stamping ends up on the sole, and clearly the manufacturer don't take any extra effort to ensure it doesn't end up on the edge.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...