UKC

Lowa Renegade boots - any Good?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 splat2million 27 Sep 2017
I'm looking at getting a pair of Lowa Renegade boots. The fit seems good for me but would be interested if others have any experience with them.
Removed User 29 Sep 2017
In reply to splat2million:

I bought a pair 18 months ago and have just bought another pair, so a good endorsement. For me the fit was what steered me towards buying them over other boot options, but overall I can't fault them. They are not too rigid and neither too soft. I've used them in water up to over the toes and in very damp conditions with no leaking or damp. Lacing is dream to do. Sole grip is also really great. I'm considering buying another pair right now so that I have a pair in hand for the future, just in case they stop production.
 JamieAyres 29 Sep 2017

My wife is on her second pair. First pair lasted over 10 years. Comfortable straight out of the box, waterproof when wading streams, good sole, fairly supportive for a soft boot, no complaints at all. She loves them.
 Stichtplate 01 Oct 2017
Comfortable, grippy and supportive enough but poor longevity. Two years of 2/3 season use and despite the liberal use of seam grip, they leak and are ready for the bin (rotated with Scarpa SL's and Manta's).
Post edited at 07:30
techydude1 01 Oct 2017

I have had a pair for 3 years, very comfortable and have never leaked even when walking for six hours in pouring rain. However the heel has worn through to the foam underneath on one boot so I guess the sole is made of fairly soft material.
OP splat2million 01 Oct 2017

Thanks all. I've gone ahead and ordered a pair so hopefully they'll do me well!
David

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...