UKC

Send mini knee bar pads

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 purple sue 30 Sep 2017
I've been after a set of Send Pads for some time, but have been put off by the price of getting them over here from the states; first the initial product cost is quite high (which is acceptable for a quality product & a lot of R&D that has been put into its development), then there's the high shipping cost, but the final nail in the coffin is you also get clobbered for import duty to mail order from the states.
Is anyone interested in doing a bulk order to bring the costs down or have a pair which they are thinking of 'passing on' . These are the ones I'd like https://www.sendclimbing.com/products/downgrader-mini-strap-on-kneepad

Cheers for any suggestions.
 snoop6060 30 Sep 2017
In reply to purple sue:

I'm going the US late Oct and if they sell these at Desert sports in Vegas I'll pick some up for you. Email them and ask and we can sort summat out.
OP purple sue 30 Sep 2017
In reply to snoop6060:

Thanks Snoop. You have mail.
 Jordan B 04 Oct 2017
In reply to purple sue:
Hi
I'd be interested in a pair of the mini ones too.
How far have you got with this?
OP purple sue 04 Oct 2017
In reply to Jordan B:

Snoop is doing a trip & kindly offered to pick some up if they sell them at the shop he visits.
Meanwhile I emailed the shop he is likely to visit to ask if they sell the pads (no reply)
Emailed customs & excise whether import duty is liable (very inconclusive reading their site). Needless to say waiting for their reply is like watching paint dry.
I also emailed 'Send' directly about the various options and prices and they cant be bothered to reply yet either.
If you were thinking of sharing an order, it could be worthwhile, but we'd have to split the package once it arrived in the UK unless we were local to each other. I'm near Portsmouth / Southampton.
Cheers for now.
 Jordan B 05 Oct 2017
In reply to purple sue:

Okay hope you hear back off these parties shortly then.
I'm still keen so keep me posted! Thanks
 LukeDclimber 07 Oct 2017
In reply to purple sue:

Sorry for being late to the party. I'm also keen to get some send pads before Spain in December Any chance you could also keep me in the loop? Thanks.
 1poundSOCKS 07 Oct 2017
In reply to snoop6060:

> I'm going the US late Oct and if they sell these at Desert sports in Vegas I'll pick some up for you. Email them and ask and we can sort summat out.

There's a list of retailers on the website and I can't see anything in Nevada.
 top cat 07 Oct 2017
In reply to purple sue:

Guys, have you looked at the various caving knee pads available here in the UK? Cavers know a thing or two about knee pads.....
OP purple sue 07 Oct 2017
In reply:
A couple of us placed an order direct with Send on Friday evening. Potentially there's a 3rd person interested now too who may order some pads to be shipped to the UK with ours. If you're quick and contact them directly via Heather, you might be in time to tack your order on too..

OP purple sue 07 Oct 2017
In reply to top cat:

Thanks for the suggestion, but the caving pads look like they're worn on the knee, A knee bar pads protects the area just above the knee in climbing used when 'knee barring'

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...