UKC

Plymouth University Dartmoor trip

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ClimbingAlex 02 Oct 2017

Just to let you all know, the Adventure and Expo Society (Plymouth Uni) will be taking some new and experienced members to climb at Sheepstor this Saturday.

The plan is to arrive early and set up top ropes which will be used throughout the day. All of our climbers will be wearing rock boots and we'll make sure to leave no trace by picking up any litter. Obviously, we understand that top ropes are not ideal for other climbers, so if you are planning on being there this weekend, please come and chat to us - we'll be more than happy to move our ropes (and freshers!) if you'd like to climb a certain route.

If the weather holds, we're planning on another day's climbing on Sunday - probably somewhere else on Dartmoor. Will edit this thread with any updates!

Thanks!

Sheeps Tor
Post edited at 17:29
 Big Ger 03 Oct 2017
In reply to ClimbingAlex:

Exactly the way, and place, I started climbing! I'll never be able to thank the bods involved enough.

Others here may have a different attitude to them..
 GarethSL 03 Oct 2017
In reply to Big Ger:

A+E were a cornerstone in my climbing, had some fantastic trips away and learned a lot. Not sure we were so popular with the management at the Plume and Feathers though...
 Big Ger 04 Oct 2017
In reply to GarethSL:

Not when we went picking wild mushrooms in the field behind the Plume we weren't.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...