UKC

Easter Hot Rock Suggestions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hey,

I'm looking for some hot rock suggestions for the the first week of April. I'd had my eye on Kalymnos however didn't realise that getting there was such a pain earlier on in the year. Other ideas I've had are Morocco and the Tarragona / Siurana area in Spain. Went to Mallorca last year so not interested in going there again. Looking for good quality routes in the 5s and 6s.

Thanks,

David
 Rog Wilko 04 Oct 2017
In reply to David Kirsfelds:

Provence.
J1234 04 Oct 2017
Book tickets to Barcelona, loads of choice of flights and cheap. If the weather is good head towards Lleida climbing areas, there is everything from single pitch sport to big multi pitch trad, and everything in between, and you will pick up accomodation easy and cheap.

If the weather is cruel you can head towards the Prades/Tarragona area and Surana et al.

Morrocco is awesome but IME its adventourous trad and maybe not what your OP suggests your looking for. The sport climbing I believe is good, but a faff to get to.

If you fancy greece maybe Leonidis, but not sure of the grades there, maybe a bit stiffer than you want.
Post edited at 10:03
 spidermonkey09 04 Oct 2017

Costa Blanca ticks all those boxes, especially re:grades. Lots of accommodation available too.
 Anotherclimber 05 Oct 2017

Don't give up on Kalymnos too readily. Getting there at the time of year you mention is pretty straightforward: EasyJet Manchester to Athens then a local flight to either Kos or Kalymnos. Can work out cheaper than direct budget airline flights later in the year.
 scott titt 07 Oct 2017
San Vito lo Capo

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...