UKC

Hayden Kennedy RIP

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
In reply to John Kelly:

Shocked when I read this. Watching him climb Carbondale Shortbus so effortlessly was inspiring. RIP
 alexm198 10 Oct 2017
In reply to John Kelly:

Awful news. A truly inspiring young climber in so many ways. Evidently hugely capable, accomplished, and ethical to a fault. Came across as a really genuine, motivated guy on the Enormocast and elsewhere. A huge loss for the climbing community. RIP Hayden.
 john arran 10 Oct 2017
In reply to John Kelly:
Tearfully sad at reading this. I just cannot imagine the pain he must have been feeling. Nothing in life can be relied on to be fair, however much we'd like to think that it might be.

Edit: spelling
Post edited at 20:46
 TonyM 10 Oct 2017
In reply to John Kelly:

A truly tragic and heart-breaking account. Such a positive approach to life and great achievements, but an utterly miserable end. RIP
 Tom Last 10 Oct 2017
In reply to John Kelly:

That's so sad. Really enjoyed the stuff I read of his and as the other poster says he came across really well on The Enormocast. Rest in peace.
In reply to John Kelly:

Desperately sad. I met Hayden in Mexico, Yosemite and Patagonia. Insanely talented, always calm and humble. His approach to climbing was brilliant!! He was respected hugely by all who met him I'm sure.
I'll remember him fondly
 smithaldo 10 Oct 2017
In reply to John Kelly: What awfully sad news. I was reflecting with someone just the other day on how much spray there seems to be nowadays around climbing and he seemed the complete opposite of that. His words about the banality of the summit never rang so true as to what happened here. RIP.

TobyA 10 Oct 2017
In reply to John Kelly:

Just such a crappy thing, horrible to read about even though I've never met either of them. Their families must be distraught. Just very very sad. Climbing and mountaineering is so wonderful until it's not.
 Patrick Roman 10 Oct 2017
In reply to John Kelly:

Ahh this is unbelievable! Only yesterday I was reading a heartfelt piece of writing by him:

http://eveningsends.com/the-day-we-sent-logical-progression/

Hugely talented and humble to a fault, so sorry for the loss his and his partner's family and friends will be feeling.

Pipecleaner 11 Oct 2017
In reply to John Kelly:
Incredibly sad loss both of Hayden and Inge.
By all accounts two really decent human beings.
Deepest sympathy to their families and friends.
 greg_may_ 11 Oct 2017
In reply to John Kelly:

Very saddened to read this when I woke up. Such a talent, and as others have said, an honest and refreshing voice in the climbing world. RIP.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...