UKC

Bouldering pad

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Dylan 12 Oct 2017
Hi, I want to buy a bouldering pad so I can go bouldering outside. I would only have 1 pad with me but I would have someone with me to act as a spotter. I have climbed indoors and once outside. Any advice on a starter bouldering pad?
 Si dH 12 Oct 2017
In reply to Dylan:
Anything in the 130*100 size range. Moon warrior, ocun moonwalk, snap bun, etc etc.
Metolius or Organic if you have a narrow boot (they are 3 ft wide rather than 100 cm).
See what you can get a reasonable deal on, say £130-140 if you shop around.
Edit: that price range doesn't apply to Organic!
Post edited at 08:12
 DamonRoberts 12 Oct 2017
In reply to Dylan:

I bought my Snap Bun from an italian place on eBay being sold as a Snap Roll.
Came very quickly and seemed to be the cheapest around at the time @£140. (I think they translated Bun to Italian and back and it ended up as roll).

The Ocun Moonwalk Is also around £140 from EpicTV if you sign up and use the £5 code you get when you sign up.
 robin mueller 12 Oct 2017
In reply to Dylan:

The bigger the pad, the happier you will feel when you are above it. Small pads are ok, but can be a bit limiting. Most medium size pads will do the job you want. Find one that is comfortable to carry and easy to transport. And find some friends who also have pads - bouldering outside is much easier when everybody brings foam.
 Lord_ash2000 13 Oct 2017
In reply to Dylan:

Buy either the biggest single pad which will comfortably fit in you car or better yet two smaller ones which will give you a few more padding options when out at the crag.

There aren't really beginner and pro pads as such, it's mainly just a matter of quality and how much you're willing to pay for it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...