/ Middlefell Butress, Langdale

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
pete1718 - on 13 Oct 2017
I wonder if anyone would be free to lead me up Middlefell Butress before winter sets in? I climbed it solo in my 20s and have done up to HVS since then but haven't climbed in the Lakes for ages. I live in Lancashire and can easily get up to the Lakes. Thanks, Pete
wheelo - on 13 Oct 2017
In reply to pete1718:

Pete,
I'm just recovering from manipulation for my dupuytren's contracture but would be delighted to assist you next year. Hope you are keeping well....John
pete1718 - on 13 Oct 2017
In reply to wheelo:

Hi John

Thanks very much for replying. Good to know that you're still as active on the climbing scene as ever and thanks for all your previous help and support. I'm still trading on the photos you took of me doing Sharp Edge on Blencathra! Very sorry to hear about the problem with your hands. I hope it's not too restricting or painful. As you know, my interest in getting on the rock varies according to levels of strength/confidence/free time/etc - I still have all the other commitments I've had over the years. It would be good to do Middlefell Buttress. Next year sounds right from the point of view of temperature. Four weeks from now last year I was sliding up and down the sides of Pendle in up to a foot of snow while sweeping on the Tour of Pendle fell race so conditions can get quickly worse at this time. Take care of yourself - see you later
Rog Wilko on 13 Oct 2017
In reply to pete1718:

This guy knows the route a bit, and lives in the valley
MFB
Jim 1003 - on 13 Oct 2017
In reply to pete1718:

I live in Penrith and will take you up it, free after 23/10/2017. Email is nevis2_1@hotmail.com
pete1718 - on 17 Oct 2017
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Many thanks for your help.

Best wishes

Pete

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.