UKC

REVIEW: Fjällräven Keb Trousers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 13 Oct 2017
Not many trousers come tougher than Kebs, 3 kbRichard Prideaux puts these bombproof, 'technically advanced trekking trousers' through their paces

Read more
 d_b 13 Oct 2017
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

Does the waxing mean they need to be washed on their own, then treated again after each washing?

I'm quite tempted but it's good to know these things before chucking filty trousers into the machine.
 MonkeyPuzzle 13 Oct 2017
In reply to davidbeynon:

I've never washed mine by themselves, but I never checked whether that was okay. They will be needed to be waxed again after washing, but I keep mine going by brushing any excess mud off after a trip out when they've dried and then just hang them up for next time. I have the Barents pants, which don't have the softshell part.

They take me about half an hour to wax thoroughly (double waxed from the knees down), which is either a faff or just something you do to maintain some trousers that will last you for years and years. In fact, I'm not sure whether adding softshell is almost missing the point of trousers like these - they're not the lightest, or the most waterproof, or the most breathable, but they won't burn, they won't tear and they'll barely wear, which I'd say less for most softshell I'd met.

d_b 13 Oct 2017
In reply to MonkeyPuzzle:

That's exactly the sort of thing I wanted to know. Thanks.
 richprideaux 13 Oct 2017
In reply to davidbeynon:

I only started waxing these towards the end of the review period, but have waxed my other Fjallraven kecks. They do need to be re-waxed occasionally but a cool and gentle wash seems to do no harm.
 wbo 13 Oct 2017
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear: these are pretty good for farm work, or if you spend a lot of days outside but whether they're the ideal choice for most walkers, climbers is debatable - a bit hot, a bit heavy and do soak up some water

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...