UKC

Your favourite brush

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jon Greengrass 13 Oct 2017
Having always been to tightfisted to buy a proper climbing brush, I've always re-purposed other brushes. Starting with old tooth brushes, but when the handle on my favourite one snapped after some particulularly vigorous use, I gaffer-taped it to an old dish washing brush to make a double ender.

For everyday hold brushing I'm currently using an old 2.5" natural bristle paint brush, with the bristles trimmed to about an inch long it works great and the handle is surprisingly ergonomic.

For big fat slopers nothing quite beast an 8" bassine scrubbing brush

My favourite wire brush was a small brass bristled one I'd originally bought for scrubbing rust of bike parts but that I ended up using to clean the grime off indoor holds like no other brush could.

Whats your favourite brush and are any other sorts of brushes good for climbing climbing holds?
 ripper 13 Oct 2017
In reply to Jon Greengrass:

Basil

boom boom!
 MischaHY 13 Oct 2017

You could consider buying an actual decent climbing brush which, whilst also being damn good at cleaning holds, are also designed to be lower impact than scrubbing away with hard nylon.

I mean come on, it's £5-£10!
In reply to MischaHY:

I don't have a brush with nylon bristles? There are plenty of brushes around with wooden handles and natural bristles without having to pay a premium for a special climbing brush. If people used less chalk, they wouldn't need to brush as much.
 Allovesclimbin 13 Oct 2017

A brush with danger ( that ends well ).
 MischaHY 13 Oct 2017

Touche. I spotted toothbrush and rolled my eyes.
 earlsdonwhu 14 Oct 2017
In reply to Allovesclimbin:

A brush with the law but the law won.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...