UKC

Clint Quarry, North Yorkshire

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Emilio Bachini 14 Oct 2017
Clint Quarry

Morning all, does anyone know of any information regarding Clint Quarry?

I ventured over there the other day (before knowing what was there, having only ever seen it from distant Slipstones) and was impressed by some of the (potential) lines.

I've had a look around the Leed's Wall website and the obvious search engine stuff but can't find anything to do with the quarry.

Some information or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Emilio.
 Alex the Alex 14 Oct 2017
In reply to Emilio Bachini:

Some of it here:

https://unknownstones.com/2017/04/29/new-stuff-descriptions/

vimeo.com/214699155

Its not been written up to date.
 phleppy 14 Oct 2017
In reply to Emilio Bachini:

It is currently been written up in view to being added to Unknownstones, the video on vimeo has some choice highball boulder problems but much more has been done since and there's still more to do and more information is still needed. Tony Barley originally added some problems and routes there back in the early 90s, some of these have been rediscovered and matched with the original information.
If you would like to know what has been done so far then email me and I'll get back to you later. If it wasn't for almost constant rain and other unfortunate incidents there would've been a guide out much earlier!
 Paul Clarke 14 Oct 2017
In reply to Emilio Bachini: it's also worth noting a couple of other spots further along the hillside. Not a huge number of problems but some choice ones put up be Alex Thompson and Will Buck ( and inevitably Tony Barley of course). There's a tough project wall needs doing too. They are described on the Unknownstones site.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...