UKC

80km du Mont Blanc Entries Open

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 yorkshireman 16 Oct 2017
For anyone interested the 80km du Mont Blanc (and the smaller races, marathon etc) are open for entry this week. It's a lottery so no rush for first come first served.

I got my arse handed to me this year (it was brutally hot and I didn't have enough water) and dropped out at La Tour after around 65km. I'm going to enter again to see if I can tick it off.

To be fair it is outrageously steep for what is essentially a 'shortish' ultra but the organisation and atmosphere was superb and obviously the views were breathtaking.

http://www.montblancmarathon.net/en/
 Pete Houghton 16 Oct 2017
In reply to yorkshireman:

I'd rather drink bees.

Don't worry, you didn't miss much after Le Tour, it's all horrible. They make you go uphill AGAIN.

Looking at the course, I see that they have removed the climb up to the Col de la Terrasse from Loriaz, and instead drop you down into the valley before climbing back up to Emosson Dam, which in my opinion seems cruel, as you get to spend another 800m of ascent sweating your balls off in a south-facing forest, instead of the relative cool of altitude and a fairly-sheltered north-facing valley. It also adds a few km and m to the day, meaning the 80km/6000m outing is now 91km/6200m.
Col de la Terrasse down to Emosson Dam was, I have to say, the only part of the day that I genuinely enjoyed, and it's a pity to see it removed.

Have fun!
 plyometrics 16 Oct 2017
In reply to yorkshireman:

Planning to enter this too, particularly as they’ve added an extra 10km in for free!

Like you say, certainly packs a lot in.

Best of luck with your entry.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...