UKC

NEWS: IFSC Lead World Cup Xiamen: Report

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 17 Oct 2017
Molly Thompson-Smith climbing to 6th place in Xiamen., 4 kbThe latest round of the IFSC Lead World Cup took place in Xiamen, China last weekend. Team GB's Molly Thompson-Smith maintained her run of good form and placed =6th. Due to poor weather, the women's semi-final round was cancelled and the top competitors - the 13 women tied in 1st place after topping both qualifiers - went straight to finals.

Read more
 rice boy 17 Oct 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Congratulations Molly! Such tough competition.
 stp 18 Oct 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Thought this was a really good comp despite the weather. Great effort Molly. Seems like making finals is now a regular thing for her but it's easy to forget no one from the UK had made lead finals for years before Molly, so no small acheivement.

Good to Anak finally win a world cup this year. And looks like Ashima is starting to do well too. The women's lead is now really exciting. Congrats to Janja for taking the title again though. She's certainly the one to beat.
 john arran 18 Oct 2017
In reply to stp:

I thought the climbing was great, and I'm blown away by how Molly has managed to up her game so well and so consistently.

You do have to wonder though, about the wisdom of building a non-waterproof wall for an outdoor comp in a part of the world where heavy rains are common.
 stp 18 Oct 2017
In reply to john arran:

I wondered about the outdoor wall too but when I had a look at a weather app for Xiamen it seemed like the likelihood of rain at that particular time of year was actually really low. So I concluded that it must just have been down to very bad luck.
 Si dH 18 Oct 2017
In reply to stp:

I don't understand why all world cup walls don't have a big canopy erected from the top to provide shelter in stronger winds, and a big tarp placed on the top and down the back to prevent seepage. Fairly quick fix and not too expensive I'd have thought.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...