UKC

Rainbow Rocket - Cambridge's dedicated centre

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
RainbowRocket 19 Oct 2017
premier post photo
Rainbow Rocket - Cambridge's dedicated bouldering centre

Rainbow Rocket are excited to bring Cambridge its first dedicated climbing centre. Scheduled to open in January 2018, we’re giving you the chance to be a part of it and to get some fantastic rewards.

What?
Our 6,000 sqft facility will cater for everyone - from beginners to elites, kids and adults. Everything from techy slabs to powerful overhangs, circuit boards and campus boards, we’ll have it! In addition to our climbing, we'll have a dedicated studio for yoga, warming up and training.

We're going to be more than just a wall, we'll provide a community for all climbers. We'll have:
- Social evenings to meet other climbers - with free coaching to help you develop
- Rainbow Rocket Competitions - for all levels, with great prizes too
- Kids clubs and a squad - taking them all the way to national competitions and beyond
- Organised outdoor trips around the UK and abroad - whether a seasoned climber or a novice taking their first steps, we'll work with qualified instructors to give you exactly what you need

Where?
Located just 10 minutes' cycle from the city centre and across from the train station on Clifton Road, we’ve already started building our new bouldering centre.

Get involved by visiting our crowdfunder https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/rainbow-rocket
 Paul Sagar 19 Oct 2017
In reply to RainbowRocket:

Best. News. Ever.
 GrahamD 20 Oct 2017
In reply to LuapRagas:

> Best. News. Ever.

Best news ever would be a climbing centre in Cambridge with leading facilities. Still, better than a poke in the eye and some competition to keep KK on its toes.
 Paul Sagar 20 Oct 2017
In reply to GrahamD:

Oh sure. But in the absence of a lead wall, this IS the best news. Ever.

I reckon this is the death of KK. Who on earth would pay to go there, if the new centre is even half decent? Not me, that's for sure.

And who knows, maybe if Rainbow Rocket is successful, they will be able to branch out to lead climbing, either on-site or at a sister location.

In other words: everybody pledge!

GrahamD 20 Oct 2017
In reply to LuapRagas:

KK is nowhere near as bad as it was when I used it regularly ! Who can forget the sweaty concrete wall shared with a badminton court and only the judo mats to land on ?
 Robert Durran 20 Oct 2017
In reply to GrahamD:

> KK is nowhere near as bad as it was when I used it regularly ! Who can forget the sweaty concrete wall shared with a badminton court and only the judo mats to land on ?

Yes, but the aerobics classes were awesome! Until someone decked out on the ghetto blaster.....
 Kevster 26 Oct 2017
In reply to GrahamD:

Ah the heady days of sweaty martial arts classes making the polish and landing all the more exciting.
 TomCooksey 28 Oct 2017
In reply to GrahamD:

I don't really get it. Cambridge already has a bouldering wall, the reason people drive to Milton Keynes or Harlow is to get to a lead wall. All this will do is divide the unchanged number of bouldering only punters across two facilities so neither can afford to invest in regular route setting, etc.

Might stop the one-in-one-out queueing at KK which would be nice though . Roll on January.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...