UKC

Crags near Spean Bridge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 John Aisthorpe 20 Oct 2017
There's a group of us (around 10) from our University climbing club staying just north of Spean Bridge. Plan A was to head to Polldubh crags for some trad(Vs to E3) and also set-up a couple of easier top-ropes.

The forecast is looking pretty wet so was wondering if there are any crags, within an hour-ish, that might also be suitable? If the weather looks better in that direction it might be the best option.

Sport crags and Bouldering suggestions also welcome!

Thanks, John
 PLM 20 Oct 2017
In reply to John Aisthorpe:

Head east, Creag Dubh might fit the bill for those leading, less good for top-roping options, though there are other smaller crags nearby.
 Andy Nisbet 20 Oct 2017
In reply to PLM:

Polldubh is as good as you'll get. Really the weather isn't good enough for rock climbing at present.
 Mike-W-99 20 Oct 2017

Sounds like a 3 wise monkeys day then.
 jpicksley 20 Oct 2017

I realise it's a bit of a trek and outside of your hour-ish limit but the weather looks like it might be ok in the Inverness area and on the Moray coast on Saturday. Depends on which weather forecast you believe (metcheck says not, BBC says yes - I'm going with the BBC!). That'd give you Cummingston, Logie Head and Redhythe Point on the coast and Duntelchaig and Moy near Inverness. If the weather turned on you there's Inverness and Elgin indoor walls to amuse you. Depends on how keen you are I suppose.

Good luck!
In reply to jpicksley:

Moy looks like the best bet for good weather most of the day on Saturday. Thanks for the suggestions! Might head east on the Sunday

John

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...