UKC

Blackpool

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
iusedtoclimb 20 Oct 2017
Off to blackpool to an event at the arena on Sunday. We also have tickets for the pleasure beach.

Any ideas where is best place to park to be near both things and then the illuminations?
 Deviant 20 Oct 2017
In reply to iusedtoclimb:

A lot depends on the time you intend arriving. If quite early, I'd park for free somewhere around Squires Gate and take the tram into the town. The tram is also the best way to see the lights, the traffic crawls along the prom.
 Greenbanks 20 Oct 2017

As far away as possible from the prom - which can get a bit lairy later on of an evening. I've seen some gratuitous damage to cars on a couple of occasions
 wilkie14c 20 Oct 2017

Follow the signs at the end of the M55 and park in a south car park around the football stadium, there are large P&P car parks, not cheap but secure and cctv coverage. 15 min walk to the pleasure beach. tram to the end of the lights, get off and get some chips here (bispham) and walk back towards Gynn Square (45 mins) through the main displays. Tram back toward the south end for you car.
shed a tear for the abandoned outdoor climbing walls near the football ground.
Bring you big coat.
 The Lemming 20 Oct 2017

We have an arena?

Bit of a thicko question, but where is the arena please?
 wilkie14c 20 Oct 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

ice arena isn't it?
 The Lemming 20 Oct 2017
In reply to wilkie14c:

> ice arena isn't it?

Well bugger me, l never knew that.

Next weekend will be busy as it's half term, I think.

Maybe the OP could drive half a mile down Watson Road and either park there or on a side street off Watson Road.

Top tip, don't go further than the big bridge with a five way junction of traffic lights. That's too far to walk and a little too much on the wild side of life.

Watson Road is an excellent landmark for parking and access to everything you need on the day.
 The Lemming 21 Oct 2017

Parking near and around Watson Road park should be ok. Watson Road is good because it leads directly to the prom and more importantly under the Pleasure Beach and to the front door of the Ice Rink.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...