UKC

Scenic excursion

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 defaid 21 Oct 2017
Not sure where to post this: destinations, photography, winter climbing, wanted... nor if someone else has already done so.

The kind of holiday flight we all would like.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/98080305/swiss-pilot-takes-ultimate-sce...
 broken spectre 21 Oct 2017
In reply to defaid:

Nice to have a positive aviation story for a change!
 Billhook 21 Oct 2017
In reply to defaid:

Brilliant.

Travelling to and from the Shetlands around 1979, when I worked at Sullom Voe, I was on two charter flights where the pilot/s did a detour:-

1. At night the Northern Lights could be clearly seen from one side of the aircraft. This the pilot announced and to ensure both sides could see them he did a big figure 8 so everyone got a good view.

2. Flying over Scotland in winter I asked the stewardess if she'd tell me when we over the Cairngorms. Off she went to the cockpit. 20 minutes later I was invited into the cockpit where the pilot made some slight detours for me and I got a brilliant view of some of the hills I intended going over the next week...

3. Flying from an oil rig in the North Sea I was lucky enough to be invited by the pilot (who was also ex RN - like me)to sit in the dicky seat between him and the co-pilot. As we flew back to Teesside I could see a few miles off our course, two warships which I could tell were not RN and pointed these out to him. To my surprise the pilot decided to do a detour and we had a good fly around these two ships which were two Dutch warships.

I'm sure others have better tales to tell about air detours!!

Greenbanks 21 Oct 2017
In reply to defaid:

There'll still be punters in economy complaining about the delay...or about their missing veggie meal choice!
pasbury 21 Oct 2017
In reply to defaid:

Bloody marvellous -wish i’d been on it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...