UKC

Personal tracker reccomendations.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
andybike 21 Oct 2017
Hi- Looking for a basic tracker so partner can keep an eye on me on solo runs. Had problems using phone so wondered if anyone has used anything/ had recommendations. Many Thanks Andy
 Yanis Nayu 21 Oct 2017
In reply to andybike:

Can you use Strava beacon for running? I use Garmin Livetrack when I’m cycling.
andybike 21 Oct 2017
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Hi- sadly phone not up to Strava. Hoping for something to stick in pack. Thanks
 SebCa 22 Oct 2017
In reply to andybike:

Anything that isn't mobile phone based is going to require some sort of sim card or subscription as it effectively will be a mobile phone that transmits your location using the mobile phone/data network.

The cost off set against a reasonable used smart phone may more than likely be the way forward.

A very quick search on eBay shows an iPhone 4 for £40 which is unlocked to any network. There will be some significantly cheaper than that...HTC etc.

Food for thought
 deepsoup 23 Oct 2017
In reply to andybike:
If the problem is a lack of phone reception (on any network), the alternative would be satellite. Sounds expensive doesn't it - but possibly not a pricey as you think. Eg: https://www.findmespot.eu/en/index.php?cid=100
andybike 23 Oct 2017
In reply to andybike:

Hi- yes I think this could be way to go. Tried a phone app over weekend and had problems . Thanks
andybike 17 Dec 2017
In reply to andybike:

Hi, update. Was put onto the Tractive tracker by a dog owner neighbour. Cheap and low subscription. Small unit for clipping to dog collar. Used for last few runs. Gives live position on phone ideal for partner. Thanks Andy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...