UKC

Ennerdale 50k

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 climb41 22 Oct 2017
In reply to Plyometrics....(archived topic..)

Thank you for your advice about this run. I was full of great ideas on the lead into it, then Storm Brian made an appearance and all plans went out the window; it became survival for me, on only second ultra!

Apparently up to 40mph gusts, headwind all the way up the side of the lake to the Black Sail hut, with heavy driving rain. The other side of the lake was ok with following wind. Then got to the rocks and tree roots that you mentioned. Luckily I happen to love technical ground like this, so enjoyed that bit, concentrating through it. Made a few places up. (I think climbing gives you an appreciation of rocks, what you can stand on etc, compared to normal civilians..)

Second lap just became a war of attrition for me. Hanging on in the wind and incessant rain, getting colder and colder. Trying to make myself eat and drink etc. Horrid.

Was glad to see Anglers rock come into view the second time, nearly home.

A great situation, I am sure I will go back and do it as a nice walk one day.

The marshals and organisers were all brilliant in difficult conditions. Enough time has passed for me to have good memories about it all already.

Next year? Hmmm....
 plyometrics 22 Oct 2017
In reply to climb41:
Ha! Awesome. Was thinking about anyone racing this weekend up there. Must have been testing, particularly yesterday.

Congratulations on getting round. Ian and his team put on great, low key events. I really enjoy them.

The final run in is always tough as you’re constantly watching your feet. Tree roots and rocks galore!!!

Enjoy basking in the post race glow!

Great work.
Post edited at 20:25

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...