UKC

Outlook buttress stanage

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 leewil86 23 Oct 2017
Hi guys , off to stanage on the weekend and noticed outlook buttress seemed to have a lot of short 8-10ish meter routes some have been lead many soloed according to the ukc data base are these routes or are they high ball boulder problems that are graded before the bouldering grading system came out? Or are they something between both

Cheers guys
 webbo 23 Oct 2017
In reply to leewil86:
If you look in the BMC guide you will see that it has both routes and bouldering . As most of the climbs on Outlook buttress are graded as routes that's what they will be.

OP leewil86 23 Oct 2017
In reply to webbo:

Brill borrowed the old guide book so was tying to keep my self updated

Cheers man!
 Jon Stewart 23 Oct 2017
In reply to webbo:

> If you look in the BMC guide you will see that it has both routes and bouldering . As most of the climbs on Outlook buttress are graded as routes that's what they will be.

If it's the buttress I'm thinking of, it's the kind of neither routes nor bouldering stuff more typical of a Yorkshire crag. So stuff with bad landings, gear but only after the crux, that sort of jazz. Best just get there and see what you think of the look of the little things, see what you can do with your pads and rack to reduce the risk to your ankles, and don't expect too much!

I've always wanted to do "I didn't Get Wear I Am Today" which is a highball/solo around there, a Dawes route possibly, but never had the bottle to finish it. But a great name.
OP leewil86 23 Oct 2017
In reply to Jon Stewart:

That's the place Jon and I'm sure there are a few Dawes ones there , brill thanks for the heads up man like you said I will check it out and weigh up my options
 webbo 24 Oct 2017
In reply to leewil86:
I think there are videos of some of the harder routes being " snowballed" things like Weather report?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...