UKC

Goretex Paclite for daily use?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
NinoFabio 27 Oct 2017

Hi,

I'm thinking on getting a waterproof jacket for daily (urban) and came by a couple of Goretex Paclite jackets (mainly the North Face Dryzzle).

Can anyone give me an opinion on how this kind of fabric performs?
Does it have good waterproofness?
What about windproof?
Is it resistant enough for that kind of activity?

Thank you!
Post edited at 11:09
 bouldery bits 27 Oct 2017
In reply to NinoFabio:

That'll be fine for walking round town.

It won't last aslong as pro shell but frankly pro shell would be overkill
 JayPee630 27 Oct 2017
In reply to NinoFabio:

It's 100% waterproof and windproof. But it's not very durable or breathable. Are you walking or cycling? Carrying a rucsac or not? There's plenty of own brand waterproofs that are as good as Paclite ime.
 Doug 27 Oct 2017
In reply to NinoFabio:

For around town, etc I've had a series of cheap jackets from Decathlon or similar. Much cheaper & more than good enough for short walks, waiting for trains/buses etc. And I keep my expensive, lightweight goretex for the mountains
NinoFabio 27 Oct 2017
In reply to JayPee630:

Just walking, occasionally with a rucsac or a backpack. I would just prefer something that is reliable. I've had problems in the past with proprietary technologies that are not fully waterproof and were I live rain in winter is really cold!

Any opinions on good alternatives to Goretex for this case?
 Chris Sansum 27 Oct 2017
In reply to NinoFabio:

I've loved my Haglofs Oz Pullover paclite jacket, and it has lasted a while. There is one small piece of duct tape over a small hole I made, but it has lasted well and has been a great waterproof. Not sure about the North Face one, but I've found Paclite really good - and very useful how it packs down small in your bag.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...