UKC

Is there an android rockfax app??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Yu Kaycee 31 Oct 2017
My friends with an iphone has the rockfax app (it’s really good), but I can’t seem to find it on android. Have you considered making an android version? Shouldn’t take too long to make I think
In reply to Yu Kaycee:

Hi,

I'm glad you liked the iPhone version. There is an Android app in development but contrary to what you expect, these things actually take a while. It's moving along fast though and we will be posting news regarding the Android version on UKC when we are ready for testing and release.

Cheers,
Martin
OP Yu Kaycee 31 Oct 2017
In reply to Martin McKenna - Rockfax:
Dear Martin McKenna UKC,

Are you sure things will take a while? I don’t know how much you know about coding, but I hear it is pretty straight forward nowadays. Have you just tried copying and pasting the iphone code?
In reply to Yu Kaycee:

> Are you sure things will take a while? I don’t know how much you know about coding, but I hear it is pretty straight forward nowadays. Have you just tried copying and pasting the iphone code?

I expect you are taking the P here, but do you know the difference between Cocoa and Java?
(Expecting the answer, one is a hot chocolaty drink, and the other is an island in Indonesia).

Alan
 CasWebb 31 Oct 2017
In reply to Yu Kaycee:

And just to add extra complexity, there are multiple versions of Android out there with phone suppliers controlling which versions work on their devices. Android apps need to work reliably across these multiple versions if the developers want to avoid the end users being less than polite about the product.
OP Yu Kaycee 31 Oct 2017
In reply to CasWebb:

Actually, never mind just had a word with my son and it turns out that I have an iphone after all. Just downloaded the app for myself. I’ll let you know how it goes.
 Philip 31 Oct 2017
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

> I expect you are taking the P here, but do you know the difference between Cocoa and Java?

One is an API the other is a language? I assume that means you've written the app in objective C with cocoa bindings and now have to rewrite to move to Android, rather than just change the UI code from obj-C to Java.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...