UKC

Boot sizing Scarpa Manta V Salewa any experience??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
CebuUp 01 Nov 2017
Currently in the market for a new pair of summer/All round boots and have the options of a purchase with free return on a pair of Salewa Mountain Trainer Mid GTX so there is no issue with loosing anything but I want to get a reference regarding size before I order..

I am a 43 in the Current Scarpa Manta boots, if anyone has experience with sizing between brands please let me know your experience..

Regards
 ModerateMatt 01 Nov 2017
In reply to triniriderz:

Just go to a shop and try them on.
CebuUp 01 Nov 2017
In reply to ModerateMatt:

Not that easy mate im in the middle of a night rota working in the middle of nowhere as obvioulsy getting them on my feet in a shop environment would be the obvious thing to do..

Thanks anyway..
 LG-Mark 02 Nov 2017
In reply to CebuUp:

Not sure if this is any help, but i'm a 43 in most shoes/trainers. My Salewa Condors are also 43 with room for big socks and toes. IIRC, i did try on a pair of Manta Pro's and they were 43 as well, but i preferred the fit of the Salewa's.
 ned_85 02 Nov 2017
In reply to CebuUp:

I'm also 43 in Manta's and, although I haven't worn Mountain Trainers, I would suggest reducing half a size for Salewa models generally (I have 8.5 Firetail GTX and 8.5 Wildfires).

As mentioned, it's best to try on in store if possible but hopefully this helps.
CebuUp 05 Nov 2017
In reply to CebuUp:

Having had a detailed chat with someone I was informed like for like would be the best bet, so 43.. Arrived Sat and fit perfect, so very happy..

Noted for future ref for anyone...

Regarding going to a store, the nearest would be about 150mile round trip and they do not even have the model I wanted instock.

Regards
 FactorXXX 05 Nov 2017
In reply to ModerateMatt:

Just go to a shop and try them on.

and then buy them somewhere else?

1philjones1 05 Nov 2017
In reply to CebuUp:

I ended up buying the scarpa manta pro after trying many brands including salewa. The manta is built on the FT last which has more volume and is wider than other scarpa boots. I found the Salewas considerably narrower across the forefoot but very similar in length. HTH
CebuUp 06 Nov 2017
In reply to FactorXXX:

Maybe look at the post above!!!!

Regards

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...