UKC

Stove cleaning/multi-tool

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I have a Primus Eta Spider and it's got clogged on a previous trip (using gas!). Really need to be able to field service it but it seems crazy to spend money on a multi tool when I already have the spanner for the job, I just need some sort of wire-pricker to clean the jet. It's got 32 on it so I figure it's a 0.32 mm jet.

What do you guys use to clean nozzles. Previous experience of gas jet cleaning is preferable! List your jet sizes otherwise
 Dell 03 Nov 2017
In reply to purplemonkeyelephant:
I don't have such a stove, but assuming the blockage is caused by carbon deposits, would a spray can of carburetor cleaner do the job here?

It's probably much like cleaning a fuel injector on a car, if you know a friendly car mechanic?!

I do actually have a wire poker thing somewhere, but gawd knows where it is.
Post edited at 10:27
 Toerag 03 Nov 2017

This any good? Looks similar to the one which came with my MSR stove. Found it by googling 'gas jet pricker 32', the tool is called a pricker.
https://www.partridgeshadleigh.co.uk/household/household-appliance-accessor...
 Rick Graham 03 Nov 2017

www.primus.eu/knowhow/downloads/user-manuals

Do you mean gas as in propane/butane or petrol?

On the hill, lacking a convenient air compressor, boiling water with the nipple in the pan, assuming you have a spare stove, can be quite effective.

UKC folk, who have managed to last more than a few months on here, will recall this was discussed a while ago
 A9 03 Nov 2017

A guitar string same gauge as the jet is best - carb cleaner will only do half a job
 Dave 03 Nov 2017

Gas jets are tiny, and should be difficult to get blocked really. I've used a single strand of copper wire from an electric cable to try and clean a blockage in a Jetboil. Unsuccessfully.
In reply to Toerag:

Looks like the ticket, can get it delivered for £2.50 which is pretty good. It's diameter is 0.31mm which hopefully will fit my jet!
In reply to Rick Graham:

Yes I started a thread about cleaning gas (LPG) jets earlier in the year. Boiling it did the trick, the thing is I don't really want to have to take a spare stove just to boil the jet if it blocks up.
In reply to A9:

I actually had a broken high E string sitting on my accoustic but I thought it was way too thick. After some googling and finding out that a 10 is actually 0.010 I tried it and hey presto! Fits! Great call.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...