UKC

PRESS RELEASE: Three men three phases three months - Leo Houlding and team confront the Spectre

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 03 Nov 2017
, 4 kbLeo Houlding has revealed details of his next major expedition. Starting next week, Houlding will lead a team on a three-phase trip to Antarctica with the dual aims of climbing a new route on one of the most remote mountains on the planet, the Spectre, and completing a complete trans-continental traverse utilising traditional man-hauling techniques and modern snow-kiting technology.

Read more
 jon 04 Nov 2017
In reply to UKC Gear:

I'll be going on my holidays to Spain in the new year in my new campervan. It'll be in three phases:

1. Driving there.
2. Climbing.
3. Driving home.

No otters will be used and there'll definitely be no sledge hauling. The expedition will probably only last a week as there's a limit to how long I can live in a van at that time of year.

seankenny 04 Nov 2017
In reply to jon:

I hope M&S have designed a special range of socks and pants for your expedition which will feature in the winter range.
 ebdon 04 Nov 2017
In reply to UKC Gear:

I'm really not sure i get this - after the climbing are they going to haul all their big walling kit on a mega long ski traverse?
because as someone who has lugged a load of climbing kit in a sledge for ages i can confirm it is total shit, needlessly unpleasant and an all round terrible idea.
 Steve Perry 04 Nov 2017
In reply to ebdon:

> I'm really not sure i get this - after the climbing are they going to haul all their big walling kit on a mega long ski traverse?

I think they'll just burn it on a huge expensive pyre.

Robert Durran 04 Nov 2017
In reply to UKC Gear:

I'm not going to be cynical about this. Sounds like a truly hardcore expedition with lots of suffering and the rewards that go with that.
 john arran 04 Nov 2017
In reply to Robert Durran:

> I'm not going to be cynical about this. Sounds like a truly hardcore expedition with lots of suffering and the rewards that go with that.

He forgot to mention they're also trying to break the speed record for it.

John2 04 Nov 2017
In reply to john arran:

This was written up in the Financial Times last weekend - https://www.ft.com/content/e5156198-b97c-11e7-8c12-5661783e5589 .
 Robert Durran 04 Nov 2017
In reply to john arran:

> He forgot to mention they're also trying to break the speed record for it.

>

I'm sure the'll just be very happy to do it in decent style

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...