UKC

COMPETITION: WINNERS - Win 1 of 3 pairs of La Sportiva Rock Shoes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 06 Nov 2017
Skwama square, 4 kbStarting In the 1920's Narciso Delladio hand-crafted wooden clogs and leather boots for the lumber-jacks and farmers of the Fassa and Fiemme valleys in the Italian Dolomites. The Second World War came along and Narciso began custom making special mountain boots. Even in those days, "innovation" was already the watch word with a patent having been filed for a unique lacing system that would later be used by all the leading footwear factories in Italy.

Read more
In reply to UKC Articles:

I agree with Charlie's sentiments in the video: a lot of climbers don't like slabs because they're not very good at climbing slabs and don't want to put the time/effort in to get better at them.

Tbh I can see why too, as they can be a pretty frustrating medium to climb on at times!
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

For me it's always been more frustrating not being strong enough, even if I can technically do the moves, to climb steep routes. Slab lets me think about moves and take my time which is much more enjoyable, though that feeling of powering up overhangs when you're having a low gravity day takes some beating!
 bouldery bits 06 Nov 2017
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

I like a slab, but I won't be climbing that slab any time soon!
 petegunn 07 Nov 2017
GoneFishing111 25 Nov 2017
In reply to UKC Articles:

Out of the shoes available to win in this comp, what is the difference between them? Does anyone know?!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...