/ dog friendly climbing centres

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Flinticus - on 06 Nov 2017
Two to start

GCC (Glasgow Climbing Centre) in the cafe.
TCA Glasgow (cafe / seating area)
Wainers44 - on 06 Nov 2017
In reply to Flinticus:

Not sure why the dislikes....unless you are putting a harness on the lad and hoisting him skywards.....

The seating area next to the cafe in the Kong Climbing Centre in Keswick I think was dog friendly.....the Ice Wall was not!!!
GrahamD - on 06 Nov 2017
In reply to Flinticus:

I guess depending whether you are allergic to dogs or not, its either a dog friendly centre or a climbing no go centre
Dave the Rave on 06 Nov 2017
In reply to Wainers44:

> Not sure why the dislikes....unless you are putting a harness on the lad and hoisting him skywards.....

> The seating area next to the cafe in the Kong Climbing Centre in Keswick I think was dog friendly.....the Ice Wall was not!!!

Saw a dog in the main climbing area at Kong last year. It didn't have a clue though!
Wainers44 - on 06 Nov 2017
In reply to Dave the Rave:

> Saw a dog in the main climbing area at Kong last year. It didn't have a clue though!

Maybe a boulderer who wandered into the main wall in error. Mind, the dogs are good at sit starts
FactorXXX - on 06 Nov 2017
In reply to Wainers44:

Maybe a boulderer who wandered into the main wall in error. Mind, the dogs are good at sit starts

Even better on the lead.
flopsicle - on 06 Nov 2017
In reply to Flinticus:

Notts has a water bowl down for k9 guests. There's dogs that go loose but stay round the cafe, dogs that have their beds with them - you name it! I've never seen them in the climbing areas though - just the spectator bit outside the cafe.
GregCHF - on 09 Nov 2017
In reply to Flinticus:

The Red Goat York has (/had it's been a while since I was there) a dog. It is only interested in you if you have food.

I'm sure they are happy for dogs to go in to the cafe area.
nufkin - on 09 Nov 2017
In reply to Flinticus:

Plenty to be found at the Castle
Neil Williams - on 09 Nov 2017
In reply to GrahamD:
> I guess depending whether you are allergic to dogs or not, its either a dog friendly centre or a climbing no go centre

Big Rock used to allow dogs, and they recently banned them, for precisely that reason, in the end climbers take priority over pets.

I think it's a shame as I quite liked having them there (I like dogs) but I do respect their reasoning, in the end dogs don't make a profit and can be left at home.
Post edited at 16:56
Nbrain - on 09 Nov 2017
In reply to Flinticus:

This is great. I didn't know you could take the dog or had even thought about bringing her to the wall! Thanks for sharing.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.