UKC

dog friendly climbing centres

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Flinticus 06 Nov 2017
Two to start

GCC (Glasgow Climbing Centre) in the cafe.
TCA Glasgow (cafe / seating area)
 Wainers44 06 Nov 2017
In reply to Flinticus:

Not sure why the dislikes....unless you are putting a harness on the lad and hoisting him skywards.....

The seating area next to the cafe in the Kong Climbing Centre in Keswick I think was dog friendly.....the Ice Wall was not!!!
 GrahamD 06 Nov 2017
In reply to Flinticus:

I guess depending whether you are allergic to dogs or not, its either a dog friendly centre or a climbing no go centre
 Dave the Rave 06 Nov 2017
In reply to Wainers44:

> Not sure why the dislikes....unless you are putting a harness on the lad and hoisting him skywards.....

> The seating area next to the cafe in the Kong Climbing Centre in Keswick I think was dog friendly.....the Ice Wall was not!!!

Saw a dog in the main climbing area at Kong last year. It didn't have a clue though!
 Wainers44 06 Nov 2017
In reply to Dave the Rave:

> Saw a dog in the main climbing area at Kong last year. It didn't have a clue though!

Maybe a boulderer who wandered into the main wall in error. Mind, the dogs are good at sit starts
 FactorXXX 06 Nov 2017
In reply to Wainers44:

Maybe a boulderer who wandered into the main wall in error. Mind, the dogs are good at sit starts

Even better on the lead.
 flopsicle 06 Nov 2017
In reply to Flinticus:

Notts has a water bowl down for k9 guests. There's dogs that go loose but stay round the cafe, dogs that have their beds with them - you name it! I've never seen them in the climbing areas though - just the spectator bit outside the cafe.
 GregCHF 09 Nov 2017
In reply to Flinticus:

The Red Goat York has (/had it's been a while since I was there) a dog. It is only interested in you if you have food.

I'm sure they are happy for dogs to go in to the cafe area.
 nufkin 09 Nov 2017
In reply to Flinticus:

Plenty to be found at the Castle
 Neil Williams 09 Nov 2017
In reply to GrahamD:
> I guess depending whether you are allergic to dogs or not, its either a dog friendly centre or a climbing no go centre

Big Rock used to allow dogs, and they recently banned them, for precisely that reason, in the end climbers take priority over pets.

I think it's a shame as I quite liked having them there (I like dogs) but I do respect their reasoning, in the end dogs don't make a profit and can be left at home.
Post edited at 16:56
 Nbrain 09 Nov 2017
In reply to Flinticus:

This is great. I didn't know you could take the dog or had even thought about bringing her to the wall! Thanks for sharing.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...