UKC

Boat at the Reach Climbing Wall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Trangia 06 Nov 2017
The dilapidated boat on the Thames (I think it's an old ferry?) which has been moored alongside the Reach car park has at long last sunk! I am really surprised that it wasn't towed off to the breakers yard long ago, but now that's going to be a problem - it must be several hundred tons.. There must be a risk of oil contamination to the river from it's engines?

Anyone know who owns it and why it's there?
 scoobydougan 06 Nov 2017
In reply to Trangia:

I think you should track down the owner and if the barge hasn't injured anyone give them 2 yrs ................etc
Andy Gamisou 07 Nov 2017
In reply to Trangia:

Sounds like crag swag to me.
 two_tapirs 07 Nov 2017
In reply to Trangia:

Apparently that boat was once one of the ferries that crossed the Mersey
OP Trangia 07 Nov 2017
In reply to two_tapirs:

> Apparently that boat was once one of the ferries that crossed the Mersey

Yes I'd heard that it was brought down from Liverpool.

It's rather a sad end.
 RX-78 20 Nov 2017
In reply to Trangia:

Anyone ever clamber over for a look? Years ago saw some lights on inside it, prob for some engineers or workers.
 john arran 20 Nov 2017
In reply to Trangia:

A climbing wall isn't the obvious place for climbers to be pushing the boat out.
OP Trangia 20 Nov 2017
In reply :

The police were using it at one stage to train police dogs, there were often pigeons struck behind the glass of the windows and port holes, I also think at one stage there was at least on person dossing on it, for short while it was used as a venue for paint balling, but I've seen no evidence of any activity lately and now it's sunk.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...