UKC

New Harness

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jasonC abroad 07 Nov 2017

Hello All

I am in the market for a new harness, for general all round rock climbing and a small bit of ice climbing.
Current I mostly use an Alpine Bod which is okay but it is a bit old and I'm thinking of an upgrade.

Anyone use the current version of the normal Bod? I really like the design and ease of use plus I am used to using them but would welcome any recommendations.

Thanks

Jason
Post edited at 20:30
 blurty 08 Nov 2017
In reply to jasonC abroad:

I got one of the latest Bods recently. A real improvement on the old ones, now with a belay loop and stiffer webbing.

They come up big, size-wise.

I mainly use it for winter climbing/ ski-touring.

For general cragging I use a Petzl Corax - I really like the fit and the buckle fastening system
 TobyA 08 Nov 2017
In reply to jasonC abroad:

I got my first Alpine Bod in 1992 and used it loads for the next 10 years. I replaced it with another but haven't used that one so much because I got a better harness soon after for rock and started using that for winter too. I don't think there is much to recommend the Bod or Alpine Bod anymore beyond them being cheap. They aren't even light by modern standards and always ran the risk of trapped nads under that funny leg loops.

blurty 09 Nov 2017
In reply to TobyA:

I like the simplicity of putting a Bod on. Wrap it round and buckle up. No pricking about standing on one leg. Good for winter stuff I think. Good for walking in too.

I agree they're not good for sitting in - just like the Whillans harnesses!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...