UKC

DMM appreciation

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Luke_92 07 Nov 2017
Just a quick thanks to DMM, emailed them 10am Monday to ask if I could purchase a replacement buckle for my classic rope bag (which I had trodden on, completely my fault)
In the post at midday today (Tuesday) is my replacement, at no cost! Fantastic customer service, thanks DMM!!
In reply to Luke_92:

You think that's good - try calling in at their offices - I showed them a broken buckle and within 2 minutes had a replacement and 2 spares, FOC.
 GHawksworth 08 Nov 2017
In reply to Luke_92:

They gave me a replacement belay plate once as I was concerned that I wore through one rather quickly. This one is still going
OP Luke_92 08 Nov 2017
In reply to Luke_92:
Also, my first harness last year was a Viper 2 I think, and I found a loose thread on the belay loop that I was 95% sure was purely cosmetic and safe to use. As I was a novice, I emailed a high res photo over to get reassurance that it was safe, and they agreed that it was almost definitely safe. And then sent me a new harness anyway, free of charge.
Post edited at 01:41
 mrbird 08 Nov 2017
In reply to Luke_92:
Im not happy with them. Being fobbed off when asking about DMM rebel picks. Wish they`d tell us our 400 quid axes have a shelf life of when they decide to stop making picks.
Post edited at 05:30
In reply to mrbird:

DMM have 66 of these in stock at present so they tell me. The info on our website was obviously correct for when it was dated (July 2016) but is not correct now so I have removed it, and we'll order a couple on Monday!
In reply to Stephen Reid - Needle Sports:

I don't think Rebels were ever £400...
They were only for show or Tomb Raider Fans Anyways......
 mrbird 08 Nov 2017
In reply to stevieweesaxs107:

The switches and anything similar arent far off of £400. And if you cant replace the £33 quid picks then its +/-400 quid for a new pair. Something to consider with any axe purchase in the future. If in the future they plan to stop making picks for certain models, a heads up would be appreciated.

Think most red blooded mannies are a fan of Lara Croft mate.
 HoffTTM 08 Nov 2017
In reply to Luke_92:

Had the same issue and got a quick and easy replacement for a Renegade (at the side of the belay loop that just keeps the 2 structural loops together

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...