/ Climbing partner - Peak district

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Stephanie Jane - on 09 Nov 2017

Hi everyone! We are two Brazilians looking forward to climb in the peak district but with no rope and needing a partner to lead and show us around. Would be a pleasure to know someone local and exchange experiences xx
Post edited at 14:15
buxtoncoffeelover - on 09 Nov 2017
In reply to Stephanie Jane:

In Spain this week but returning on Sunday. Free Monday - Weds every week & always happy to have more people to enjoy the crags with. Give me a shout when you are free to join in. Nik
stp - on 10 Nov 2017

With the poor weather at the moment you might want to head indoors. Sheffield has some excellent indoor climbing. The Foundry and Awesome Walls both have auto belays and top rope routes so you won't need a rope and midweek lunchtime it's only £4.50 to get in (including a free drink). There's also the Climbing Works which is great for bouldering.
In reply to stp:

You must have been somewhere different to me, because I thought we'd had some ace weather recently! Some bad days yes, but interspersed with some of the best Grit conditions we've had in years - cold, a gentle breeze, and low humidity.
stp - on 10 Nov 2017
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

It's been raining today and it's pretty cold too. Also I think the ideal conditions for grit bouldering connoisseurs are probably somewhat different to most, particularly anyone coming from a much warmer climate.
colin milton - on 12 Nov 2017
In reply to buxtoncoffeelover:

...and I'm around this week let me know if you're keen to get out
buxtoncoffeelover - on 14 Nov 2017

Eastern grit tomorrow; 10.15 ish onwards? Nik

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.