UKC

West Coast NZ

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 SenzuBean 09 Nov 2017
Hi folks,

I'll be on the West coast from this weekend, for the next 2ish weeks. Would love to meet someone who has climbed locally and can shown me + partner around. I haven't had time to arrange a guidebook (although I have a pdf of Paparoa climbs, and know where the topos are for Charleston sea cliffs). Also I will be driving back to Chch after that time, so maybe could do something then too?

Cheers
 Graham 10 Nov 2017
In reply to SenzuBean:

just about every climb in NZ is on www.climbnz.co.nz

OP SenzuBean 10 Nov 2017
In reply to Graham:
Thanks - yeah I've seen that it's very well done. I was hoping to meet a local climber, as that might be a better way of getting a feel for the local climbing than just turning up and trying to find some good stuff by ourselves.
There is a strong chance I'll end up moving to the area - otherwise I wouldn't ask.
Post edited at 01:36
 damowilk 10 Nov 2017
In reply to SenzuBean:

When are you around CCh? I’m happy to show you a local crag or 2 if I’m free. They’re not the greatest rock though!
Charleston is good climbing if you can get there.
Cheers
OP SenzuBean 10 Nov 2017
In reply to damowilk:

I will be returning there maybe on the 22nd or 23rd. Whether I have a day to spare remains to be seen
If I do have it spare - I'd like to meet up and climb yeah.

I will be pretty close to Charleston, so I will try and get on the rock there. I'll only have a spartan trad rack and one 50m rope, and my partner is not highly experienced with sea cliffs - so I'm not sure if there'll be climbs we can do safely. I'm hoping so.
 damowilk 10 Nov 2017
In reply to SenzuBean:

No worries. I work most week days, but even if it’s an evening climb. Enjoy the West Coast.
 peaterpan 10 Nov 2017
In reply to SenzuBean:

Feel free to hit me up in Wanaka if you decide to head further south
OP SenzuBean 11 Nov 2017
In reply to peaterpan:

Thanks hey
This trip I won’t sadly - next time

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...