UKC

Bank Transaction Mystery

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 10 Nov 2017

On Wednesday I paid off my outstanding balance on my credit card. It was paid from my bank current account. I even had an email from the card people acknowledging the payment. Just checked my balance and the amount I paid to the credit card account appears to have gone back into my current account. Anyone know what might be going on?
Post edited at 22:07
 bouldery bits 10 Nov 2017
In reply to mypyrex:

Check Monday
 peterjb 10 Nov 2017
In reply to mypyrex:

I know that today there was some sort of big re-jig of the faster payments system going on, however it was only meant to apply between 4 and 6 this afternoon. Transactions made then may be cancelled and returned. However as yours was Wednesday it's probably not the case.

Alternatively it's a sneaky tactic banks use to shore up their balance sheets over the weekend, by re establishing uncleared payments temporarily before they miraculously clear early hours Monday morning when the Asian markets open.

None of it is real.
baron 10 Nov 2017
In reply to mypyrex:

Not quite sure but if you send me your bank details, password and PIN number I'll look into it for you.
OP mypyrex 11 Nov 2017
The payment now seems to have gone through again.

Trangia 11 Nov 2017
In reply to mypyrex:

Text Putin for an explanation?
 wercat 11 Nov 2017
In reply to mypyrex:

you've gained an understanding of quantum physics - in some ways these phantom transactions are like the pairs of virtual particles that can spring spontaneously out of the vacuum if you look over a suitably short timespan - in our timescales these particle pairs "mostly" cancel each other out, going back into the vacuum energy so you don't see anything out of the ordinary, normally .......

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...