/ Wanted: one small / medium sized white or cream foothold

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
abd69 - on 12 Nov 2017 - user since 04/Dec/16
I'm after a foothold to help get up to a high fingerboard
Fraser on 12 Nov 2017
In reply to abd69:

Could you not use a book or a brick or something more stable but still removable?
Emilysaladfingers - on 12 Nov 2017
In reply to abd69:

Hey! I have a bucket load of holds from an ex woody I can dig through and look for a small white hold if you want however I'm in Spain for another two and a half weeks so if you send me a message on here I can grab your number and can sort it when I'm home. If you can wait or don't get another offer
abd69 - on 12 Nov 2017
In reply to Fraser:

Yes I could, but it would need to be a big book (or pile) as it needs to be ~20cm off the ground. The other half isn't keen on a piece of ply, so think a brick wouldn't go down too well
Fraser on 12 Nov 2017
In reply to abd69:

That's a big foothold you're asking for - the words sledgehammer and nut spring to mind. ;) I'm sure there are loads of simpler solutions to your problem - what about those plastic 'single steps' some shops have? Lightweight, portable and cheap. Something like this:

http://www.wilko.com/window-cleaning-equipment/addis-step-stool/invt/0328396?nst=0&gclid=EAIaIQo...

abd69 - on 12 Nov 2017
In reply to Fraser:

That made me laugh! No mate, I don't want a foot hold that big!!! I want to mount one on a side wall that high.

Yes, a step could work, but it's where to keep it as this is in an upstairs hall way.

Thanks for your thoughts

A
Fraser on 12 Nov 2017
In reply to abd69:

LOL, I was wondering! So are you going to have to deadpoint to the fingerboard off the foothold then?
abd69 - on 12 Nov 2017
In reply to Fraser:

yup; sorry if that wasn't clear!
Ade in Sheffield - on 12 Nov 2017
In reply to abd69:

I have a couple of yellow, blue, pink and green, v.small, small, medium small and medium holds.
Sorry, none of your colour.
Fraser on 12 Nov 2017
In reply to abd69:
No worries, I'd clearly been making some wrong assumptions. Good luck with the hold.
Post edited at 21:07

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.