UKC

STUCK ROPES - savage slit

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 euan maharg 13 Nov 2017
My DMM prophet ropes got stuck after descending from the rap station at the top of savage slit. They are still clipped to the tat and will likely be hanging between savage slit and fallout corner.
One's green, ones orange. Brand new!

There will be a healthy reward to anyone who can retrieve these for me! If you are climbing savage slit, fall out corner or even proar, this will be easy as you will likely ab from the same point. I can make travel arrangements to collect them from you.

TSavage Slit (Winter) (V 6)hanks in advance,

Euan Maharg, Glasgow
 Jamie B 13 Nov 2017
For the benefit of anyone on a retrieval mission (or climbing SS anytime): there is a tat anchor between the tops of SS and Fallout Corner which gives a cleaner pull (although a somewhat spicy free-hanging descent). It's right on the edge as I recall, and easily missed, but worth knowing about.

French Erick 13 Nov 2017
In reply to euan maharg:
if the wind was anything as bad as on Lochnagar. Be ready to find your brand new ropes somewhat frayed in places =(

So check them thoroughly hand over hand
Post edited at 10:40
 DaveHK 13 Nov 2017
In reply to euan maharg:

You could set your watch by it!
 Chris Harris 13 Nov 2017
In reply to euan maharg:

> My DMM prophet ropes got stuck after descending from the rap station at the top of savage slit.

Pirate radio is everywhere these days.......
 Tricadam 13 Nov 2017
In reply to Chris Harris:

> Pirate radio is everywhere these days.......

Rapping would seem to have advantages over hip hopping as a means of descent from that location.
 metrorat 14 Nov 2017
In reply to euan maharg:

Ropes now retrieved

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...