UKC

Afro Celt Sound System

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Trangia 13 Nov 2017
I saw them live at the De La Warr Pavillion in Bexhill on Sea last night.

Brilliant and very talented! Any other fans in UKC?
 riff156 13 Nov 2017
In reply to Trangia

Yep sore point for me this one, brought tickets for my son and his wife for his birthday didn't get one for me as he might of wanted me to babysit, then saw they were playing at the hexagon in Reading so got ticket for me and mate and his partner for this Saturday, and completely forgot when I booked accommodation and tickets for Kendal FF
So, gutted gonna miss them but yeah they are brill next time eh!!
 Al_Mac 13 Nov 2017
In reply to riff156:

A brilliant group. Another one you may like is Earth Affair, an Icelandic group that has I think actually has some of the Afro Celt members contributing.
 Carless 13 Nov 2017
In reply to Trangia:

Saw them approx 10 years ago in Brussels - brilliant gig
 Skip 13 Nov 2017
In reply to Trangia:
They're alright, were better in the 90's
Post edited at 16:03
 Andy Johnson 13 Nov 2017
In reply to Trangia:
> Any other fans in UKC?

Yep. Never seen them live, but I have four of their albums and listen to them fairly regularly. Good music for coding when I don't need to think too hard and need some momentum. I bought Sound Magic unheared from a record shop in Galway in '98 and I still think its their best album - especially the two versions of Whirl-y-Reel. When You're Falling and The Silken Whip from Further in Time are other faves.

If you like them then you might like the Peatbog Faeries too.
Post edited at 17:03
 Al_Mac 13 Nov 2017
In reply to andyjohnson0:

They've definitely changed over the years and morphed. Their last album felt like it was going back to their earlier work. Shooglenifty are another one who have at times gone with a similar, if less worldy sound. Solar Shears was probably the closest they got to the Afro Celt electronic vibe.
 Anti-faff 13 Nov 2017
In reply to Trangia:
Yep, stumbled across them playing in a wood at Boomtown a few years ago. They were ruddy brilliant.
 The Lemming 13 Nov 2017
In reply to andyjohnson0:

> If you like them then you might like the Peatbog Faeries too.

Another fan of Peatbog Faeries

Big Ger 13 Nov 2017
In reply to Trangia:

I'm a big fan. Seen them live a number of times, (once at Cambridge Folk Festival!)

I've got that CD of their that you can do a track remix with on your computer.

Fab stuff.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...