/ POOLE & BIRMINGHAM - REEL ROCK - 19 & 21 Nov!
The Reel Rock Film Tour is returning to the UK and will be heading to Poole for the first time on 19th November at the Lighthouse Theatre and then on to Birmingham on 21st November at the Crescent Theatre - bringing climbing’s greatest stories, stars and sends to the big screen! It then continues on its nationwide Tour with 17 stops - check out the trailer to get inspired for the upcoming tour!
The 12th annual Reel Rock Tour features four brand-new films delivering heart-thumping action, big laughs and pure inspiration. For tickets and more details head to http://www.reelrock.co.uk
REEL ROCK 12 TOUR FILMS
BREAK ON THROUGH
In high-end modern rock climbing, 5.15 is the top of the difficulty scale, a grade achieved by only a few men and never by a woman. Margo Hayes, a little known 19-year-old from Boulder, Colorado, is determined to change that. By pushing her body and mind to the absolute limit, she risks injury and burnout in her quest to be the first woman to achieve the grade.
ABOVE THE SEA
Chris Sharma is one of the world's greatest practitioner of deep water soloing. After a career of generation-defining climbs around the world, Chris returns to Mallorca where he discovers a beautiful, sweeping wall with small holds running up its face. If he can link the moves, and endure endless heart-stopping plunges into the sea, he will establish what may be the world’s hardest deep water solo climb to date.
For most climbers, it's safety first. But Brad Gobright is definitely not most climbers. Fuelled by day-old doughnuts and unhindered by a fear of falling, this young talent is pushing the limits of scary trad and free solo climbing in his backyard playground of Eldorado Canyon, Colorado. Having survived a few big scares, Brad is determined to make his boldest ascent yet – a first-ever free solo of one of Eldo’s most exposed and difficult routes.
Maureen Beck may have been born missing her lower left arm, but that hasn't stopped her from going hard. She pushes her ‘stump’ to the limit, takes whippers on 5.12 and crushes overhanging boulders, while shotgunning beers between burns. She isn’t making any excuses for herself though. “I don’t want to just be a good one-armed climber,” Maureen says. “I want to be a good climber.”
2017 REEL ROCK TOUR DATES
• 18 November - Reel Cinema, PLYMOUTH
• 19 November - Lighthouse Theatre, POOLE
• 19 November - Climbing Centre, READING
• 21 November - Crescent Theatre, BIRMINGHAM
• 22 November - Redgrave Theatre, BRISTOL - SOLD OUT (SORRY!)
• 22 November - McNeill Lecture Theatre, Hamilton Building, DUBLIN
• 23 November - Galeri, CAERNARFON
• 23 November - Transition Extreme, ABERDEEN
• 24 November - Rheged Centre, PENRITH
• 24 November - The Leeds Wall, LEEDS
• 25 November - Harrow Way School, ANDOVER
• 26 November - The Climbing Works @ Abbeydale Picturehouse, SHEFFIELD
• 27-29 November - Conway Hall, LONDON - SOLD OUT (SORRY!)
• 29 November - Ilkley Cinema, ILKLEY
• 27 December - Tyneside Cinema, NEWCASTLE
More dates may be added soon.
As always there will be free prize giveaways throughout the Tour from the UK Reel Rock Tour partners: DMM, The North Face, Clif Bar and Ellis Brigham.