UKC

Well done MSR

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Mullett 21 Nov 2017
Managed to lose the lid of my MSR titanium cooking pot over the summer, suspected left in a bothy, and according to the MSR website they're not sold separately. I e-mailed them to ask if I could buy one direct from them... and they've just sent me a new one free of charge. Refreshing approach to customer service esp. as it was my fault it had gone!
 felt 21 Nov 2017
In reply to Andy Mullett:

MSR stands for mytho-spectral resonance. They already knew you were going to give them a frankly glowing advert here.
 profitofdoom 21 Nov 2017

> Managed to lose the lid of my MSR titanium cooking pot over the summer, suspected left in a bothy, and according to the MSR website they're not sold separately. I e-mailed them to ask if I could buy one direct from them... and they've just sent me a new one free of charge. Refreshing approach to customer service esp. as it was my fault it had gone!

Nice story and I am glad to hear that
OP Andy Mullett 21 Nov 2017
In reply to felt:

Well all is now made clear...
 Jenny C 21 Nov 2017

Sometimes I think a genuinely honest email stating 'I messed up, can you help me?' will get a far better response than someone trying to blag a freebie
 Ben_Climber 22 Nov 2017

I had a similar thing with TomTom.
I have one of their Adventurer watches and managed snap the small strap holder loop on it.

They didn't sell them on the website so dropped them an email. They sent me out a replacement and a few spares free of charge!

Ben
pasbury 28 Nov 2017

Primus are also good - they sent me a whole new burner for an omnifuel because the attachment piece at the bottom was bent (basically a new stove).
 Max Hangs 28 Nov 2017
In reply to Jenny C:

> Sometimes I think a genuinely honest email stating 'I messed up, can you help me?' will get a far better response than someone trying to blag a freebie

This worked for me when I posted my bent Oakley sunglasses off with a note on saying "I sat on these...are you able to repair them? I don't mind paying".

Brand new pair returned to me for free!

Honesty is the best policy
 kestrelspl 30 Nov 2017
In reply to Max Hangs:

Osprey have also replaced a fair few buckles that have been stepped on and a rucksack frame strut that snapped completely free of charge
 olddirtydoggy 30 Nov 2017

Same here with Montane bag parts. Good customer service is always rewarded with customer loyalty.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...