UKC

Here's hoping everyone has a cracking winter season.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Goucho 23 Nov 2017
Well my meeting yesterday with the consultant regarding my shoulder surgery was hugely encouraging.

Apparently everything is progressing really well, and I've been given the go ahead to start climbing and skiing again - as long as I take it easy at first.

So tomorrow I shall be heading off down to join Mrs G in Courmayeur for the winter with a renewed spring in my step.

And to add a bit of spice to the journey I've decided to give the old Jag a proper maiden voyage after her restoration. So it will be just me and her and the open road to Italy for the next couple of days (although a guest appearance by a man from the RAC at some point, is also a possibility?)

So I'd like to wish my fellow UKCer's all the best for the coming winter season.

Whether it's chasing down that wishlist in Scotland, aiming for something bigger in the alps, or even further afield, may the mountain gods be kind and grant you all your wishes and aspirations.

Have a good one folks and stay safe

G.
pasbury 23 Nov 2017
In reply to Goucho:

Is it OK just to wish for a massive dump of snow on the Black Mountains?
Removed User 23 Nov 2017
In reply to Goucho:

> And to add a bit of spice to the journey I've decided to give the old Jag a proper maiden voyage after her restoration.

I hope you are going to observe tradition and do a bank job en route.

> So I'd like to wish my fellow UKCer's all the best for the coming winter season.

And to you Sir, hope the shoulder holds up and you come back with more stories.
Deadeye 23 Nov 2017
In reply to Goucho:

> So tomorrow I shall be heading off down to join Mrs G in Courmayeur for the winter with a renewed spring in my step.

> I've decided to give the old Jag a proper maiden voyage after her restoration.

Fnaw
In reply to Goucho:

It's a great feeling to get back outdoors doing what you love after waiting out an injury. Enjoy, and I share your sentiments - Winter 17/18 come on!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...