UKC

Winter Climbing mentor

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 James Rigby 23 Nov 2017

Hi there I am student and lead mainly S relatively regularly and I am interested in learning from an experienced climber basic winter climbing skills. In terms of winter experience I fell run and hike in the winter mountains (so know about ice axe arrest etc) and I have seconded a grade III and grade II in the 2016 season. However, being a student the jump from winter walking to actual graded climbing is difficult as many of the better courses for this gap (eg Glenmore) are pretty pricey. As a result, if any experienced winter climbers would be willing to take me out for a weekend that would be great. I understand it is a big ask however I am keen to progress my climbing and skills in a safe manor.
Cheers!
Post edited at 22:28
 bouldery bits 23 Nov 2017
In reply to James Rigby:

>I am keen to progress my climbing and skills in a safe manor.

https://d24hfjv1ew3jdw.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/01093934/e...
Deadeye 23 Nov 2017
In reply to James Rigby:

Good post. Whereabouts are you?
Someone will be along to say join a club soon.
OP James Rigby 23 Nov 2017
In reply to Deadeye:

Bangor in North Wales. I am sure there are tonnes of people nearby its just finding them! haha
 pass and peak 24 Nov 2017
In reply to James Rigby:

Yep, join your local club!! other than that your next best bet would be as a mock client for a trainee MIC. you could try posting here also https://www.facebook.com/groups/MIA.MICtraineesUK/ Being in wales is going to limit who's around though. Good luck and hope you find someone!
 RyanS 24 Nov 2017
In reply to James Rigby:

Hi James, I am Llanberis based and will be taking some apprentices out this winter (Scotland) to get them started Winter Climbing. I don't think it would be an issue you joining in.

Drop me an email!

Ryan

OP James Rigby 27 Nov 2017
In reply to RyanS:

Cheers Ryan really appreciate it. Sent you an email.
James

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...