UKC

Cuillin mixed

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mike Lates 24 Nov 2017
Good looking forecast for Cuillim mixed. I was up today and the rapid frèeze has cemented things well. Plenty of snow landing still and more to come.
Pretty good for any mumber of options and the weekenf looks good.
OP Mike Lates 27 Nov 2017
In reply to Mike Lates:
Update Monday 27th
For anyone interested Cuillin conditions are developing really well.
A wee blip took temps up to 8deg yeaterday evening so snow pack thawed to tops. Thinned a bit but all but the steepest mixed lines are holding. Wet northerlies forecast so likely to be riming over the coming days.
There are long lines of neve on nearly every face that offer some of the best options.
In my opinion these are truly the conditoons when the Cuillin become the "British Alps"- tackle an alpine scale route then carefully negotiate getting off the Ridge which is likely to be far scarier than any of the pitched climbing.
Crest cover is probably just too thin for a classic Traverse but I havent been up today; will update tomorrow.
Storrvegan could do with another day or 2 to get the neve really solid but is likely to be one of the better Trotternish routes to come in; if it does dont miss the chance! It was VI,6 in perfect conditions; 40 minutes from the road too????
Scamadal icefalls hadnt even started to form before yesterdays thaw and will need some prolonged hard frost at sea-level o er the next fortnight, but you never know........
Pic is from Thursday.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...