UKC

NEWS: La Sportiva Legends Only 2017

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 24 Nov 2017
Shauna Coxsey working one of the problems at the Legends Only practice session, 3 kbSaturday 25 Nov, it's once again time for the La Sportiva Legends Only invitational at Klättercentret in Stockholm, Sweden. This year it's once again an all female line-up where World #1 Shauna Coxsey will take on Stasa Gejo, Petra Klingler, Mélissa Lé Nevé, Katja Kadic and Fanny Gibert.

Read more
 Tony & Sarah 25 Nov 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Sarah
 allarms 25 Nov 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Really insightful commentary about the competitors hips and a great dynamic between the screaming leukemia patient and the German boy
 bouldery bits 26 Nov 2017
In reply to Tony & Sarah:

> Sarah

I love a good spoiler.
 Keendan 26 Nov 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Really makes me realise how polished IFSC broadcasts have become!

Still, cool problems and good to see different athletes fail/succeed at different ones.
In reply to bouldery bits:

Spoilt it for me too I've changed it above.
 SteWok 26 Nov 2017
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC

Came on to see if anyone else was experiencing the terrible sound quality too and got served with Sarah's spoiler. Double whammy!
In reply to SteWok:

Was bloody awful. Shame as it used to be so good.
 FactorXXX 27 Nov 2017
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

Spoilt it for me too. I've changed it above.

Nicely done!
Any chance that feature can be made available for all forum users in other threads discussing sporting results, etc.?
 Mike Highbury 27 Nov 2017
> Spoilt it for me too I've changed it above.

I'd like to add a dissenting voice with the reminder that if you don't want to know anything, then it is your responsibility to stay away from those bits of the internet or any other news media that is likely to report such things.
 stp 27 Nov 2017
In reply to bouldery bits:

I thought it was fairly sure Shauna would win before the comp even started. She's ranked no. 1 and the others were 5, 6, 7, 9 and Melissa is unranked as she didn't compete in the IFSC events this year. The ranking doesn't mean everything of course. But in terms of worked grade too she is also well above everyone apart from Melissa. Both have climbed 8B+ though Shauna has climbed more 8B's. None of the others have even climbed 8B. She was actually less dominant than I expected and I was surprised anyone got up anything that she did not. Great effort by Fanny on the first problem and Petra on the last one.

The best worked grade climbers are Alex Puccio, Ashima, Anna Stöhr and Isabella Faus so I thought it was a bit of shame none of these made it into the comp.

But overall I thought it was a really good comp. I sounded like an excellent atmosphere at the venue with some interesting music by the DJs. The commentary sound was a bit ropey at the start and it seemed strange that Liam couldn't announce the winner, which was clear from the point that Stasa failed to top the last boulder.
 stp 27 Nov 2017
In reply to Mike Highbury:

I agree though it's not always easy. I saw the result which was blurted out on another site's headlines which showed up listed in my newsfeeds. At least UKC doesn't put the result in the headlines any more.

But certainly clicking on the topic of the event in question doesn't seem like a very smart move if you don't want to know the result.
In reply to FactorXXX:

You can now add comments like this and it'll be add as above.

[spoiler]
Some text
[/spoiler]

This will be better in the next update to the forums as you will be able to click a button and type it in a box instead.
 FactorXXX 27 Nov 2017

Thanks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...